Summary of Quality Engineer job
The Quality Engineer is primarily responsible for the ensuring adherence to quality standards and procedures. The Quality Engineer has the authority to put on hold any product or process not conforming to quality standards or customer’s requirements. Reports to the Quality Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Establish, monitor and follow-up on required product testing as required by customer, internal and bench-marking requirements to assure product design, intent, function and integrity.
- Operational knowledge of most production activity is necessary to determine appropriate preventative quality assurance practices and to assess performance against requirements.
- Assist with creating, updating and maintaining Quality Documentation, Customer Contact Reports, Customer Sort reports, Information Relating to Concerns, Procedures, etc.
- Participate in cross functional teams in the pursuit of problem solving and mistake proofing quality problems.
- Interface with the customer representative concerning non-conforming material/disposition along with appropriate internal/external supplier problem analysis and corrective action activities (8D, etc.)
- Assist with preparation and participation for customer surveys resulting in desired approvals.
- Develop visual standard system criteria for use in manufacturing operations.
- Assist Quality Manager in planning facilities improvements and capital equipment requirements.
- Responsible for following all internal and OSHA required safety procedures.
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures.
- Communicate production and quality issues/concerns with employees and supervision whenever necessary
- Maintain compliance of TS 16949 / ISO 9001 / ISO 14001.
- Follows all safety, housekeeping (5S) and company policies and procedures.
- Coordinates and maintains all job responsibilities in a continuous and flexible manner and performs other related duties and job assignments as required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of two years inspection experience in an automotive injection molding environment.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a Quality Assurance Supervisory role. Knowledge of Quality Systems and standards.
- Experience in QS9000, PPAP, APQP, SPC, MSA, FEMA, QOS and 8D Problem solving. Current training in metrology practices (i.e. caliper, micrometers, etc). Color Acuity,
- Knowledge of Macbeth Optiview software color system. Proficient with Microsoft office (i.e. Excel, Word and Power point). Direct working knowledge of General blueprint reading and capable of performing Gage R&R.
- Familiar with TS 16949 requirements (Certified Internal Auditor). People orientated (proactive, team player). Excellent interpersonal and writing skills.
This job posted by Accesspoint company via Ziprecruiter.com. Don't miss this good opportunity ! Free for apply this job
Accesspoint company review
Great management great people great company
nothing bad to say about them